Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Forming team for this jam

A topic by vrnsmth created Sep 26, 2023 Views: 186 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(2 edits)

Hello, Bored in a Basement are a GBStudio developer, a game designer/writer, and a dedicated playtester seeking members to work with on this jam.

We are seeking:

- a pixel artist

- a Music and SFX composer

about GBStudio: It鈥檚 a lightweight, free, and easy to use dev environment that can make high quality games with zero code. 

about GBStudio for artists: there are only 4 distinct colors you can use with GBStudio art and sprites, and all color interpretations are then handled by the emulator/hardware video encoder. Some artists prefer to work in layers in more inspired color and then recolor down to 4tone- but that won鈥檛 likely be necessary for this jam

About GBStudio for music: you鈥檒l need to use the internal composition program found in GBStudio 3.2. Alternatively you could use another MOD file maker but they are a bit rare

About GBStudio for sound effects: I have never been super successful here but from my understanding you have to do some band pass filtering on the high and low end and the samples can鈥檛 be longer than 3.8something seconds.

discord: vrnsmth

Hi I can write music for free for your itch.io game all I ask is to be credited and for a link to the itch.io game so I can put it on my show reel.

Please find my example music below:

https://soundcloud.com/user-468382803 

Best regards,

Emile Merten

Just listened to your music its great, glad we have a talented artist on the team! :)

Thank you I really appreciate it.

I can write music for your games any time for free.

Best regards,

Emile 

Are you in the process of making a game? 

I am decent at pixel art, oh and i have school so i might not be able to add a lot!