Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Using UE5 is crazy for this!

A topic by sico created Aug 15, 2023 Views: 157 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Wanted to do a fun challenge for myself so I'm using Unreal 5.2 which has barely any 2D support at all, but so far its coming along much better than I expected! I found a free plugin that added a lot of missing support, but I get that it's still not as ideal as something like unity GMKR or GODOT,  but its what I'm familiar with for 3d stuff and I've always wanted to just go for it! Anybody else using a bit of an unconventional engine too?

Submitted

Not an unconventional engine, but an unconventional platform. I made the entire game on a Chromebook using the early alpha Android build of Godot. Not a great experience tbh. On top of that my game is also made for the LOWREZJAM 2023, meaning that not only did I have to stick to 2 colors and follow the theme "Light and Dark", but I also had to make the whole thing in a resolution of less than 64x64 pixels and follow one of the themes from that jam.

Submitted

Saw this awhile ago &  I really related because I main unreal engine & dont find many other people using it in game jams. Not sure what plugin you're using, but its probably PaperZD -if its not, consider using it (helps me a ton), also feel free to lemme know which plugin you used c: