Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome :) Sticky

A topic by Liam Twose @ #PitchYaGame created Jan 03, 2017 Views: 314 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host (1 edit)

Welcome to the #30daydev 'release a game' challenge.

Tell us a little about you. Your journey and Good luck!

Few Tips:

• Tweet me anytime @liamtwose for support :)
  • Remember to tag your games with #30daydev
  • Share updates as you go wherever you are online, twitter, facebook using hashtag #30daydev, hold yourself accountable!
  • Remember its not a strict 30 days straight, life / family etc come first. Its within 30 days.

Hi folks,
I'd like to start making games as a hobby. Last year I ran a series of local game jams, and learned a lot from them.
itch.io/galwaygamejam5, itch.io/galwaygamejam6, itch.io/galwaygamejam7, itch.io/galwaygamejam8

This year I plan on doing all of the One Game A Month challenges to help me learn the many different aspects of game development.

I like that this gamejam has a focus on release. For me this will be a great goal to aim towards as I'll have to get really focussed on making a tiny game that is as complete as possible.

I'm not sure what I'll be making at the moment, or if I will be making games with other people.
In any case, you can follow or message me here and on twitter @darrencearnaigh

Submitted

Hey everyone, I'm Matt. Game dev is what got me into programming way back in high school so I've done some form of it in my spare time for over 10 years. More recently I started my own company Subject Matter Games nearly 3 years ago that I have been solo developing and releasing under (with the side help of some other excellent folks). I've only done 1-2 other jams before and I have been in a bit of a 'creative rut' lately so I'm extremely excited to get going on this one. You can message me whenever you would like, preferably on Twitter @matchristian

An artist I know randomly posted on Twitter he would like to do a game project again and I suggested a one month 'jam' featuring some of his stuff to get us both back into developing. It was a massive coincidence that discussion occurred the day this jam started :O

Wishing everyone the absolute best of luck!