SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

5DG #2 - Hellscape Sticky Locked

A topic by Gimmick Studios created Sep 11, 2019 Views: 88
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

This week I took a long time to find something fun to work with.

I wanted to do something related to dungeon crawlers and hack'n'slash but I always want to make my projects casual and endless, easy to pickup and put down so an actual RPG with generated dungeons seemed too much work to do in 5 days and would be harder to engage with.

I ended up going with an arena-style game where you just fight enemies endlessly, and now Im thinking of how to add longevity to it.

I have the arena configuration changing over time to keep the player on edge when navigating, and the combat is really punitive as of now, to push the player towards using the deeper mechanics instead of just standing around clicking. I intend to add an equipment system and a simple goal, like collecting treasures that spawn, to keep the player moving and taking risks.

I imagine that if anything fails, it'll be the equipment system, since I still need to implement and polish a bunch of different items and think of interesting design differences to give them apart from just smaller/bigger values. 

We'll see.