Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can we submit the project page and upload the game later?

A topic by Rainy Elephant Studios created Dec 15, 2022 Views: 232 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hi, I am currently working on my game. I have created a project page for it, but I haven't uploaded anything yet. If I submit, will it just link the project, and then you can get the updates as they come, or should I only submit when I have the finished game?

Submitted

FWIW for jams I generally try to create a project page & upload a “safety” upload at least a day ahead of the deadline. (It’s a good way to ensure you can export+upload+submit+play/download & is a lot less stressful time frame to troubleshoot if you can’t. :) )

And, yes, when you upload an updated version the new version should be available for download or (after you enable it the new upload) for in-browser play. You’ll probably want to hide your older uploads via the game page in your itch.io dashboard.

I normally add a note to the project page that current version is a “Work In Progress” version or similar.

I generally hide the project page from “Search & Browse” until I upload the final version though, so non-Jam people don’t find the WIP version.

Submitted

this would have a been a great comment to read two days ago :)

Host

In this particular jam it's all fine either way. You can submit any time including past the deadline so I wouldn't stress about it. IF you want people to know the distinction as bacon mentions, it can help to mention which is the one you did in a short time and which is the longer version.