Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I post bug fix updates after submission?

A topic by Chingine created Mar 13, 2022 Views: 341 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

I already finish my 7 day dev period, from the 5th to the 11th, but there is a game crashing bug I overlooked. can I post a fix before the grading period is over, or do I have to wait? 

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

We request you maintain a 7DRL version of your game for reference.  People judging may elect to play either that one or  the latest.  Change notes can specify what was fixed / added so the judges can take that into account even if they play the latest version.

You can direct people to the latest & best version, however, as we'd want the normal players of your game to have the best experience as possible.

Submitted

Follow-up question to this, I submitted my game about an hour before my 7 day period was up, then quickly uploaded a bug fix right after, still within my 7 day window. Is it possible to indicate for the judges to use this version, or is it locked to the one that was in at the time of submission?

Jam HostSubmitted

The 7drl one can be whatever is in your 168 hour window.  So if you get a second build within the 168 hour window, feel free to replace the previous upload.

Submitted

Stupid itch.io. I changed the display name of my zip file so I could upload a fixed version. itch.io replaced the file. So I grabbed my git repo from Friday night and rebuilt it and uploaded the 7drl version.

Submitted

It's against the spirit of the challenge. Far too easy to "just put that off till after release".    

Submitted(+1)

I have uploaded a fixed version, but both the 7DRL build and the patched version are available for download and play. I have clearly notated which is which