SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ascents Devlog - Cutting it close!

A topic by ascents created Mar 10, 2024 Views: 156 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

Hope everyone is having a good jam!

I'm cutting it really close today, life is about to get in the way hard. Still have to finish the last scene with some dialogue, enemy ai, chase mechanics, audio and basic polishing. This is my first game and I'm so excited about the progress I've made regardless. I will probably still post a devlog with progress if I don't manage to meet the deadline. There are a lot of bugs and stuff to improve upon but I'm so happy to finally bring this idea I've had for years to fruition.

I wanted to share some teasers along with the main menu I'm really happy with!

Wishing everyone the best and a good final three days.

Submitted (1 edit)

Submitted last night! 

This was a fantastic learning experience and I'm so happy that I was able to create my first game, even though there are still a ton of things to work on. Using magica voxel was a fantastic tool for creating quick and simple assets and I will definitely be using it in the future. Hopefully in the future I can also use Krita to make some nice character animations. Also using shaders in godot was a breeze and I would like to eventually learn to write my own shaders as well as a custom shader for the main menu effect. Overall, I think I was able to capture the atmosphere I was going for, and I hope you can all get some enjoyment out of playing. Just click the link next to my name to try!

Wishing everyone the best, there are some amazing games so far.