Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The grading system

A topic by Taarue created Sep 03, 2020 Views: 201 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hey there :-) wanted to understand how the grading system works? I thought only the judges would rate our games... so does this mean that only the most popular game will win?

Submitted(+1)

In most of the jams I've been in, only those who've submitted a game can rate other games (I think it's so people with large teams don't vote on for there own project) but it appears anyone Even people who aren't part of the jam can rate projects

Submitted

This is my first Jam lol.. Thank you for replying!! But i feel like this system of having to ask your friends to rate your game is pretty flawed.

Submitted(+1)

And unfair

(+1)

Yeah, I saw that. It seems out of place.  People like me who barely have time for social media would certainly be at a disadvantage because I won't get anybody to rate my game(I actually feel that getting my friends to sign on itch just to give me ratings is quite manipulative, because they would always support me, so I prefer being rated by strangers). 

Well, it was fun building the game.

Submitted(+1)

but the grading system isn't that great, they should have just made it so only those who've submitted can rate, they are only 22 submissions yet people have ratings in the 90s

Submitted

I completely understand what you mean... I don't have 99 friends lol I really wished it was just up to the judges and us... or even just the judges would have been fine. 

hahahaha It was fun and stressful making a game in two days will definitely do it again though

Submitted(+1)

jams are amazing, this was my third jam in the past 4 months

Jam Host

We are quite away that it is a flawed system to give rewards based on ratings from friends and families, as this would be a disadvantage to those who don't have social power, but still, we wanted you to showcase your game to the world.

So our plan is/was 80% of vote comes from our judges, remaining 20% from public (As we also shared the links to our friends, asking them to vote games that were submitted)

We hope this sits well with you.
We are currently collating results. :)