Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions

A topic by LaAdelita created Apr 01, 2023 Views: 186 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 7
HostSubmitted(+3)

Reply to this thread to introduce yourself and meet with likeminded individuals.

HostSubmitted(+3)

Hi! I'm LaAdelita, the co-creator of this jam. I'm a new vegan (I just went vegan in January!) but am familiar with the world of activism. I'm also a disabled woman of color, so both animal rights and human rights are important to me. This is my first time hosting a jam and my first time making a game, however I do work as a writer for the Gwythdarian video game company. I look forward to seeing the games we all share!

(+3)

Hello there! My name is Avery, and I'm the other co-creator of this jam. I've been vegan for about five years now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and seeing the ideas you all come up with. If you have any questions, please reach out to LaAdelita or me, and we'll do our best to clear up any confusion you might have. Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a fantastic time jamming out with us ^^ <3

Submitted(+2)

I HAVE MANY MUCH CONFUSION. HOW IDE, HOW INCORPORATE ANTISPECIESISM, HOW MEANINGFUL PLAYER AGENCY?

Disclaimer: Avery knows me and this is mostly a joke. I'll figure things out hopefully, I've never made a computer game before.

(+3)

🤣🤣🤣 You got this!!!

(+3)

Hey folks! I'm Felipe and I'd love to get to know more gamedevs against the exploitation and discrimination of animals!

I'm a huge furry and I really hope I can get other furries to really take some time to consider how actual real animals are treated. Also, be careful when looking at my games, they're very gay and very explicit. I do always add the option to censor any explicit stuff, but it sounds important.

I'm very experience with unity, so if anyone needs help with programming, shaders, exporting the game or dragonbones, feel free to ask me.

HostSubmitted(+1)

It's great to meet a fellow furry! I actually went vegan after becoming a furry because it felt wrong to walk around as a rabbit while eating a chicken. Then I watched Dominion and that sealed the deal for me. I know some vegans are against the furry community because they think we're fetishizing animals or exploiting them by dressing as them, etc, but I think we're in a place where we can begin to understand the animals we care about even more. Like, for me, I really had to start learning about bunnies to BE a bunny. And a lot of my fellow bunny friends were the same.

It's great to have you here! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

(+3)

hello! I am a comp sci student, very interested in game dev to tell meaningful stories. I went vegan almost 2 years ago. I love web design. Mr Robot is my favorite tv show, highly recommend for anyone interested in technology.

Submitted(+1)

hello, solar here. my game shows how interspecies cooperation and friendships are possible among the many creatures most humans refuse to see as sentient and ennobled beings with deeply felt inner lives and loves of their own. the game implements the "boids" algorithm  developed by Craig Reynolds in 1986, using the Oscar64 C for the commodore 64. i also included a linux version and a c64 and linux version of just boids with no cat for reference.

animals have no voice in the human world, it is our duty to speak for them and stand up for them, protect them, and to love them as equals. 

thanks for doing this game jam!