Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Feedback and Helpers Thread!

A topic by Draculaugust created May 29, 2024 Views: 53 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Howdy all! I thought I would make a thread for people to help each other out and give feedback and stuff :) I have a setting/supplement im working on right now that I would love some help with and I would love to help other people out with theirs. Not really sure what the best way to do this is, but I thought I would open up the floor for folks.

Submitted

Hey! I'm working on a setting too, and there's something I'm getting stuck on. In her Songbirds style guide, snow mentions some suggested elements that make up a Songbirds setting. One of these is to have 10 Classes (for worldbuilding purposes), but try as I might, I cannot find what "Class" might refer to in the corebook. There's a mention of "class abilities" in a table somewhere, but no section detailing specific Classes or a description of what that term means in Songbirds.

Notably, Freelancers are distinct from Classes, since the style guide also mentions that you should have 10 Freelancers for a setting.

I wish I could afford Chevalier to reference right now lol. How are you interpreting that "10 Classes" suggestion? My current best guess is like, roles which songbirds can step into, specific the setting I'm building. I've got some stuff written out narratively -- ex: a class for pseudoscientific reverse-necromancy, a class for 'that guy everyone knows,' a class called 'The Vestigial Worker' -- but I have no idea how to approach making mechanics for each of these. Should I? Should they each have pre-chosen Skill proficiencies? Gifts and Curses? And what is this about "class abilities?"

Maybe the answer is 'whatever you want,' and I'm overthinking this.

Submitted

I think the Gifts/Curses are what count as classes! That's how I built mine anyway, 4 abilities for each class and all that. Since they take the same sort of role that Classes in other ttrpgs and stuff. Hope that helps!!

Submitted

That makes sense! Thank you :)