Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Everything Board Sticky

A topic by Sparuh created Aug 03, 2023 Views: 181 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host (1 edit)

This is the place to discuss anything that doesn’t have a specific category or topic, such as introducing yourself, random chats, off-topic conversations, etc.

Welcome to the Everything Board! This is where you can discuss anything that doesn’t have a specific category or topic, such as introducing yourself, random chats, off-topic conversations, etc. You can talk about your hobbies, interests, favorite books, movies, games, etc. You can also use this board to make friends, find collaborators, or just have fun. This is a relaxed and casual board where you can be yourself and enjoy the game jam. Please be respectful and friendly to everyone. No spamming, trolling, or flaming. Have fun!

Host

We are thrilled to announce that we have received some amazing games from our talented participants for our gamejam! We can’t wait to share them with you and see what you think. Starting from this weekend, we will be posting the gamejam submissions on our social media page, so make sure to follow us and stay tuned. We will also be looking into the games and giving feedback to the creators. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for our gamejam! We hope you enjoy playing the games as much as we do! 😊

Host (1 edit)

Hello, fellow game developers and enthusiasts! I’m excited to announce that we have a new gamejam trophy/emblem for the Bookmark Gamejam 2023. It features a cute spirit dog and his book collection, which is the theme of this gamejam. You can use this trophy/emblem to show your participation and support for the gamejam community. It’s a great way to showcase your creativity and skills!

If you have made a game for this gamejam, you can download the trophy/emblem and display it on your project page or your profile page. It’s a simple and easy way to let others know that you have joined the gamejam and that you are proud of your work. You can also use it to attract more players and feedback for your game.

There are two sizes available for the trophy/emblem: 256 pixels wide and 128 pixels wide. You can choose the one that suits your preference and style. You can find the download links on the front page of the gamejam website.

I hope you enjoy using this trophy/emblem and that you have fun with the gamejam. I can’t wait to see what amazing games you have created. Thank you for being part of this wonderful community!

Submitted(+1)

This is probably a bit late for anyone to utilize, but there's an interesting variation of bookmarks from the medieval period that had a rotating element and were the body of the bookmark was mounted in a sliding way on a string or ribbon.  That would add a selector / exclusive text and another variable for ribbon positioning, if'n anyone feels like they're not seeing enough ways to use a bookmark for tracking variables or introducing randomness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotating_bookmark

Submitted

I just wanted to say that this was my first game jam! I loved the idea, and the page here was really supportive and helpful. Thank you!