Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Late submissions + Any tips?

A topic by thebotsarehacking8 created 66 days ago Views: 66 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host(+1)

Firstly, if you unable to submit to the jam for a reason out of your control(wifi issues etc.), please reply with a link to a page for your game and the reason you couldn't submit, and I'll generate a late submit link if I feel it's appropriate.

Secondly, I couldn't help but notice this jam wasn't anywhere near as successful as last years. If anyone can advise me on reasons why, and how to improve for next year's, please let me know.

That's all. Thanks!

(+1)

I had a blast participating in this jam I think the main reason was the lack of a community a discord for game devs to talk to each other, help and show off would do alot.

Host

Noted! I'll try and set up something like that next year.

Submitted(+1)

Multiple people asked for a discord. I think that was the main reason. I think community is what drives these jams. 

Host(+2)

Yeah, I realise I should have set something like this up. The only reason I didn't is because, when one was set up last year, it went unused throughout the entire jam, making me wonder if it was really worth it. I can see now it would have been, and will definitely set one up for next year's jam. 

Submitted

Bit of a shame, I hoped more people would make a game. I felt also maybe that I either overscoped my idea or the time frame was tight too!