Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for Advice!

A topic by WinterBlox1 created Aug 05, 2021 Views: 286 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8

Hello! I'm 14 and I use Unity with C#, This will be my first game jam, so does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

This is my first jam too! I'm also using Unity. While I don't have any experience to give advice from, what everyone has told me is not to worry too much about if you finish or not. Focus on learning something new and getting to know the community. To prepare, I've been practicing by following a ton of Unity tutorials, so hopefully I can adapt my skills to whatever theme is announced. 

Even though winning and even finishing isn't important, especially to us first-timers, some advice I've gotten and plan on following to make sure I submit is to get a working game as soon as possible and add polish and all that later. So then even if your game isn't done, you can still submit something that is technically playable for the jam!

Best of luck! I hope I can play your game when you submit it!

Oh cool! Thanks for the advice, I'll probably try and make it as simple as possible, but thanks either way!

hi, you have discord?

mine is Hwoai#0593

i can kind of help you in your project :D

i can explain stuff :D

Check Brackeys channel out he has tips for game jams

Deleted post

If you want to succeed just have fun, dont care about what place you want to be in, just have fun 

also plz join this one Cookie jam 2021.1 - itch.io

I am also a first timer 

The only advice that I can give you is what I have got i.e. just have fun , try to finish (not compulsory) and learn 

This will help you the next time you take part 

My number one advice, take breaks and sleep, most importantly DO NOT OVERSCOPE. Saying this from experience lol.