Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

*Edited* Looking for a sound designer/composer and pixel artist.

A topic by Codmen4000 created Feb 10, 2023 Views: 657 Replies: 34
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (4 edits)

I've been a unity dev on and off for the past year so I hope this jam will help me learn more about unity development. I would prefer novice sound and art designers but any help appreciated.  for the sound designer/composer I would like  someone who can make both sound effects and can compose music and for the pixel artist  I need someone that can create a less detailed blank art style . I have no way to add sounds and music at all to my games. I'm okay at pixel art but not great by any means. leave a comment for application I use itch.io for all file transactions.

Hey there, retro game music is my favourite to do. Here's a link to my work. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmj9dTfaFB8kCc-a59XHbAg

You can also contact me on discord! DLG#2536

-

Submitted

i mean hey if i finish early im pretty decent with sounds in famitracker

Submitted

Ok!

Submitted

hey you still meed a sound design guy

Submitted (1 edit)

yes! we're making a dark top-down shooter where you play as Death

Submitted

what kinda gun is death using

Submitted (1 edit)

alright got the sounds pick and choose which ones you like for what they will fulfill 

famitracker sounds by Mr.turtlexx (itch.io)

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey! Can you make a theme for me. We're making a dark top-down shooter and in it you play as Death and we need main and boss themes.

Hiya, I'm an amateur pixel artist. I'm mostly familiar with platforming and top-down pixel art but can do most styles and viewing angles.
Some examples of my work (for my own games and projects):

My Discord tag is "ChiptuneKirby#7868" if you want to DM me.

I am also a composer and I can make music in a wide variety of genres, though I particularly like RPG-styled music.

Submitted(+1)

Thank you! I love the art!

(+1)

If we're going to collaborate, which method of contact would you prefer? Discord or Itch.io?

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I would prefer itch as I don't have discord at the time of writing, but plan to in the future.

(+1)

Okay! I'm not sure how that would work though, how would I share the sprite files with you? I don't think direct messages are possible on itch.io but I don't know?

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

well you could start a project and update it as we work. if you do that then I ask you to make it a draft and then send me the link.

(+1)

So should we get together a design doc and brainstorm some ideas so that we are working on the same page?  Would you prefer making a platformer, a puzzle game, a top-down game (From experience these take longer to implement than platformers), or other?

Submitted(+1)

I wanted to wait until the theme was announced. But I was thinking about a top-down shooter.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

as I was saying, you can make an itch project and send me the url. Every time you make new art, you can update the project's page. Also, I need to know your time zone so I know when to contact you

Ah sorry, I didn’t make the itch project because the game jam hadn’t started, but I think you mean that you want to use that project as a communication area (since you don’t have Discord), right? My timezone is Eastern Standard Time.

Do have an email where I can send you  the link to the project? (if I put it here non-team members will be able to access the page)

Submitted(+1)

I'm u.s central time. I really don't want my email out on itch where anyone can see it . My idea is that you post a comment to me I'll confirm I have it then you delete the post, but tell me your thoughts.

Okay, there's a thread on brainstorming ideas where we can discuss what sort of game we want to make. As a test, try commenting in said thread to make sure it works!

Hey,

have a look at my music. I don't have a reference for sound design, but I'm capable of DS, too.
https://soundcloud.com/user-998275070/sets/this-is-me

My Discord is: Tizian#7662

Submitted

Hey! Can you make a theme for me. We're making a dark top-down shooter and in it you play as Death and we need main and boss themes.