Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

About submission and voting.

A topic by GamesForFun created Jun 26, 2018 Views: 485 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(-100)

I havent checked any games yet nor the voting system, but asking in advance.

First of all, notice that for some reason entry "scarriest" is missing from "submission feed" part.

Another thing is that notice that Isaiah222s entry didnt get submitted to right place: https://isaiah222.itch.io/follower

so in total we have 8 games to vote for it looks like.

What comes to voting, what is the voting system, how does it work? I am asking this just in case i need to know something. Like are you just giving numbers to them, or are you voting them against each other, like do you vote something to be better than something else etc.

This is so I know how i should play and review all those entries. Point being that for example one year voting was so that you had to submit all your votes at once. And if you are voting for which is best on something, then you basically have to play them all first to decide which is first. If on the other hand you are giving numbers, then you can play one at a time and give the number right after. But also, can you alter those numbers afterwards? For it might be that if you happen to play too good or too bad a game on some category as first, that might affect the numbers you are giving to next one and you realise afterwards that you shouldnt have given such a big number to that one.

What about actual voters? can only those participated in this gamejam vote, or can anyone with Itch.io account vote, or even wihtout one?

As last. If "scarriest" doesnt show up, and of course isaiah222 entry as well, how do we vote for those ones?

Submitted (1 edit)

To answer my own question. You can go to "Entries" tab and choose a game and it will let you give them 1-5 stars. You can edit your answers afterwards, hence you could give review to a game right after having completed it, and then after having completed all the other games, revisit that review page to see if you decide to change your ratings of that game.

But it is still an open question if anyone can vote or only those who participated, i suppose anyway that to vote, you do need itch.io account at minimum.