SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] 2D Pixel stealth / run and gun game

A topic by Gaorta created Oct 16, 2020 Views: 362 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(1 edit)

CatGame1

So I kinda forgot to make any Devlog since 1st of October. 

The goal of the game is mainly to sneak around and kill enemies. You can go into a frontal combat but its way better to be tactical. The red light indicates the AI detection area. They patrol around and after some delay shot the player.  Made everything by hand but the Ai sprite ( bought it a few weeks ago ) but if I have time I will customize them.

The original story was that the player is a cat mom  living around 42nd street in New York in the 70s much like the series The Deuce, until one day animal villains took her kid so she had to take action to her own hand and go back to her ninja ways.  I want the gameplay to be a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Door Kickers Action Squad.

Started to work on the whole thing around the 5th - 7th of October. Since than I almost finished the player control and enemy control.  Still have a bunch of coding and art to do.  Want to make a bigger map, this one is for testing out everything. Also the life system is mostly done,  and some really basic menu system.  Thanks for checking out. 

(1 edit)

October 19th

Latest1

So after a few days I feel like I should drop a lot of things I planned previously. In the last few days no matter how much I worked on things its still a crazy amount of stuff left. Made the player to be able to roll by pressing down and left or right, climb ladders, new jump anim and a few background elements.

Also on the mechanic side added doors that opens on trigger or if they have any switch than by pressing the switch. Added and set up two new enemy, one close combat mob guy and a stereotypical bat. Set up pathfinding but still need a little tweak.  Added life and health system, did some color grading and tuned up the blood ( maybe a bit too much). Not sure if I can finish it in time, but I'll try my best.

latest2