Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

i have never started in any game jam - a few questions...

A topic by Telex Operator created 31 days ago Views: 98 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (3 edits)

i have never started in any game jam and i am worried not to do anything stupid. so i have a few questions.

1. What will happen if i join jam and don’t submit anything?

2. I already have ~1000 lines of assembly code. Is it not a problem that i have started before time?

3. My idea for the game is very simplistic. it is a snake game, very similar to my c64 game:

https://github.com/tstamborski/Wild-Boa-Snake

i am planning to just do it better this time (and target ms-dos). is not to simple for the game jam?

Sorry for such questions but i am really starting (or want to start) for the first time.

Host

You're fine. And the answers in order are:

1) Nothing. There is no obligation to submit to the game jam. I'm always going to encourage folx to join and then to submit something but there's no penalty if you don't.

2) This is not a ranked jam so you are always allowed to use material from before the jam started.

3) No idea is too simple or too complicated, though overly complicated may be hard to complete before the end of the jam. Of course projects are acceptable in any state.

So no pressure! If you're new to coding for DOS feel free to ask. And above all have fun!