Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Wandering Wizard is seeking a team, even if you think you suck

A topic by The Wandering Wizard created Feb 19, 2024 Views: 79
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hail, friend devs! I am the Wandering Wizard Simon Kalimanus, and I have almost 35 years of game dev experience. You can see an example of some of my solo dev work here. I am interested in putting together a team to make a game idea I have for this jam.

Major Tom, inspired by the David Bowie song Space Oddity, is about a cat astronaut floating in his space station, which is being destroyed by a meteor storm which is still underway. Inside the station is safe, but there are constant threats outside, and you must navigate around the station finding oxygen tanks and tools so you can go outside and do repairs. Sometimes sections of wall can get destroyed, which leads to vacuums that can suck you out into space. Instead of a health bar, you have three levels of health... how cracked your helmet is and how big your head and eyes have swelled. The goal is to keep the ship repaired long enough for help to arrive. 

I am an experienced teacher and would be happy to accept devs of all skill levels, even if you think you suck.