Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I join as a writer without my own project?

A topic by SharkTaco created Dec 21, 2020 Views: 211 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hello! This would be my very first game jam. I am hoping to offer my work as a writer, but I don't have any active projects. I would happily join someone's team and work on their existing project. Is that acceptable?

Host

Hey, yes that is fine. You can form a team and all contributors can vote on entries afterwards.  You can try asking in here, in the Discord or a website specifically designed for finding teammates (I think someone posted a suggestion here in jam community)

Hello SharkTaco. I'm looking for a writer to help me bring an idea I've had ! I'm aiming for it to be primarily a visual novel, but other ideas are welcome too!

The story is about a man who's kidnapped by a crazy man. He want to test his theory about human ethical. the experiment is very simple. Either the subject torture the victim or he will be torture. A while later in the story we learn this man had to torture some peoples for save his life (why and when are not determined for now) and he try to convince himself whitch any man will do that for saving his life and in this way relieve his consciousness.

So the player will choose between saving his life or saving his ideas a second layer would be the cost of his survive or the cost of his ideas.

The game will be finished when:

• The player has killed the victim in a certain time and he's release

• The player was killed

At the end the player will see all his choices his made during the game. A message saying "it was it worth it?" or an other in this style. (Like Frostpunk)
If you want to discuss with me my pseudo is Rémi#3110 on discord

Best regards