Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Does it have to be "fish" and "blade"? Can I use a species of fish and a type of blade instead?

A topic by W.H. Arthur created Jan 22, 2023 Views: 267 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

e.g. Stingray Scimitar, Carp Cutlass, Fangtooth Falchion, Mackerel Machete, Escolar Estoc

(+1)

If we go by the spirit of Janet Icthycultro's original 1996 Zine, FishBlade has always been about exploring the full depth and breadth of "Fish" and "Blades" as ludonarrative concepts. Using the exact word "FishBlade" somewhere on the cover is probably best practice just for searchability but I think the content behind that cover can be whatever!

Submitted

Oh Yeash! Now I gotta submit on this Jam! <3

Host(+1)

I dont think it has to be specifically Fish and Blade! If you've got aquatic creatures and sharp implements, I think you're on the right track. I tried to leave it intentionally vague so that people could interpret that prompt as they liked!

Another poster mentioned putting "Fishblade" somewhere in your game title or subtitle, and as they said, that might not be a bad idea for discoverability purposes. That's up to you! 😊

(+1)

I would recommend something like “[title] - a FishBlade game.”  We could also come up with a logo real quick. 

Host(+1)

That's a solid idea! If I've got some time tonight I can see about pulling together a logo! I like using [TITLE] - A fishblade game for sure.