Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Pre-Jam: What are you exploding? Sticky

A topic by Lady Tabletop created Jan 18, 2024 Views: 277 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted

A place to spitball about the games/settings/supplements you might explode for this jam.

Submitted(+1)

I'm exploding Kids on Bikes!

HostSubmitted

ooh, fantastic  choice! What particular elements do you think youll use from it?

Submitted

I'm thinking specifically the exploding dice mechanic (is that too on the nose?) As well as the way each stat is assigned a different die

HostSubmitted

exploding dice is a perfect choice!

(+2)

I'm not sure if I'll manage to do it, but I would love to do a de-make of old WoD's Changeling: the Dreaming. That game was very formative for me as a teen and it's one of the most tone-rich games in the setting, but its rules are often a mess. Maybe I'd try something like a bidimensional Lasers & Feelings but with two axis: Human-Fae and Seelie-Unseelie... Man, that could actually rule. I hope I'll find the time to make it.

HostSubmitted

I hope you do too, because that sounds awesome! Keep in mind that you're always welcome to post a draft or ashcan version if you don't have time to finish the game during the jam!

So I think I'm ripping up the video game Citizen Sleeper and using that juicy Blades-like mechanic as a way of doing something like a city crawl (like a dungeon crawl but for urban areas). 

No idea if the pieces will fit properly together or not, though. 

HostSubmitted(+1)

Ooh, I love the idea of taking a video game as the base for this jam. Very excited to see what comes of it!

An expansive of classic PbtA combat into a suite of narrative(ly interesting) moves for games where combat is a focus and groups don’t want a hand waved, “simplified” scene!

HostSubmitted

this sounds very cool!