Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FAQ Sticky

A topic by Bruised Banana created Jul 15, 2017 Views: 548
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (9 edits)

Uh... I'm confused. What's going on again?

This is a game jam where you make stuff inspired by Umineko. You can delve into fanfiction or create something entirely new, as long as it's inspired by any part of Umineko. 

Do I have to start making my game from scratch?

The game jam officially starts on August 17th (JST), but you can absolutely use this game jam to finish an old project, or even start planning and working on your game now! The most important thing is to have fun.

I can't make games. Help!

Umineko is famous for playing with its medium and layers of meta, so be creative! As long as it's something that is publishable on itch.io, you can submit anything, including stories and comics. 

Do I have to submit something if I sign up for the jam?

You are absolutely not obligated to! We're just glad you're along for the ride. Having fun celebrating Umineko is the most important thing! 

Will I be judged? 

Yes! Once the submission period ends on October 4th, Japan Standard Time, there'll be a voting period of two days. When the seagulls cry, everyone will vote on how "MAGIC" and "TRICK" your entry was. I don't have ten tons of gold though, so there's no real reward for winning. Really the most important thing is to have fun making and playing the games! 

What does "MAGIC" and "TRICK" mean?

Refer to the overview. I refuse to explain. :D

What's your spoiler policy?

The Discord chat is a free-for-all discussion, meaning you can talk about spoilers freely. For threads you start in the community forum and for games that you make, you can post spoilers as long as it's clearly marked in the title (for example, you can include something like [Spoilers up till Episode 6]). For Twitter and Tumblr and any sort of open, public discussion, please try to keep your discussion spoiler-free! 

Can I ask another question?

Always! Please feel free.