Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

God Help Me, I've Killed Minnie Mouse (my progress thread)

A topic by chantolove created Jan 08, 2024 Views: 159 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+2)

As per the title, Minnie Mouse dies in this game. That's not what I set out to do, but that's how the cookie has crumbled. I will be posting not-at-all-unhinged screenshots of my progress and hoping no one guesses the theme too early.

I love black areas in MV because they look so ridiculous in the map editor.

There's so many of them. And I have to do roughly this many unique Guy Designs for the final. Send help

Stone in the middle of me rug, normal Tuesday

The kind of programming that only makes sense in RPG Maker LMAO

With a notable few exceptions (haven't needed them yet), the cast. So far. Ideally, I'll be doing custom art for talksprites, and everyone will be in their real character designs... Also, getting the mustache into the girl generator was so hard that I still haven't made it work. I had to photoshop the walking sprites.

Not a lot of progress to show, since only scene one is finished, but I did take 18 full pages of notes while planning and doing research, so that's SOMETHING.

Submitted(+1)

Very nice! Mickey is getting all the attention, I didn’t realize Minnie Mouse was also public domain now. My… condolences?

Submitted(+1)

I believe Pete the Cat also counts! 

I call him "Petey". In fact, the fact that Steamboat Willie's copyright expired in the US has led me to write a short story where Mickey Mouse has a gender transition into Minnie Mouse! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VGDgWFLfhqBh0BJCUXDJ7eZCXyAxdfbN-D1opJsk6iY/...

(+1)

Ooh, forgot to mention, Tigger also entered the public domain, due to his first appearance in A.A. Milne's House at Pooh Corner, which was published in 1928 in the US and therefore entered the public domain here in the US! 

Submitted(+1)

shhhhhhh you'll spoil my deuteragonist