Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

(NOW HAS A PARTNER) Composer for hire!

A topic by callmeDJ created 26 days ago Views: 113 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Heyo! I'm DJ and I think writing Game Boy music is really fun. I've been composing music for 18 years and currently compose for indie games and also Toontown Rewritten. (Listen to my TTR music!) I compose chiptune with Furnace Tracker and GBStudio's music editor and can write in a wide variety of a styles with a punchy tone inspired by European composers like Alberto Gonzalez. I've also made my own games in the past, although I do not intend to create my own entry for this jam. Instead, I would be honored to give your game an original soundtrack and contribute and bounce around any ideas to liven it up! Feel free to reply to this thread or DM me on Discord at callmedj if you're interested!

I entered the last GB Jam as part of a team where I learned how to use GBStudio's built-in music editor. Even though the team considered Motel Nebras a bust, I really enjoyed it and I'd love to do more tunes for this GB Jam! Feel free to give the Motel Nebras soundtrack a listen!

I've also been writing Game Boy-style soundtracks in Furnace Tracker, which can both export to WAV and VGM and convert to GBS for GBStudio using a special utility! My soundtrack for Harold & The Curse of Teebeyae, my Harold Jam 2024 entry, won Best Music over both 25 other Harold Jam entries and 85 other Feedback Quest 12 entries! Harold & The Curse of Teebeyae: The Bonafide Album is very much in line with the kind of music I can provide for your GB Jam entry.

I am currently writing an original soundtrack for Buffet Knight in Furnace. Buffet Knight a Kirby-meets-Zelda adventure game that placed 2nd in the Touch The Stars game jam and is being expanded into a full game. While the soundtrack is not officially available, you can find snippets of an adventurous world map theme and a sugary-sweet tune for a candy village in cotton candy clouds on Twitter!

Hello, do you want to work in a team consisting of me (the programmer) and my friend (who is responsible for the visual component of the game), if you don’t mind write to me on discord: illa2023_63151

Submitted

I have a partner as of now but I will keep you in mind if something should happen.