Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A FAQ for your tummy... (Ask questions here!) Sticky

A topic by Steven Multiverse created Mar 09, 2018 Views: 185
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (7 edits)

I'll try and answer some of the most common questions here.

"Will there be a theme?"

I can think up one or two of those! I'll let you know when the jam starts.

"Will the theme(s) be optional?"

Absolutely. But you WILL get extra Pearl Points!

"Are there prizes?"

Well, there are no "winners" per se, as art is subjective, but I'll think about it. There's some nice stuff on Etsy.

"Are teams allowed?"

Certainly. Feel free to fuse with as many gems collaborate as much as you like. We recommend CrowdForge...

"Do I need a team?"

Nope. It's definitely possible to build a game in two weeks. I've built a game in a day before. Plan ahead! If you think you've got the time and energy for it, you can even join multiple teams!

"May I use assets I've already built?"

Go ahead! Make the best game you feel you can make.

"Can I make an AR or VR game? Unity? GameMaker? PuzzleScript?"

Absolutely! Can't wait to see it.

"Do I have to make a game about the Crystal Gems?"

Games don't have to feature SU necessarily, but they should have the same spirit.

"Is this jam only for kids?"

Nope, this jam is for kids of ALL ages.

"Can I make an adult game?"

Please don't. This is a family show and a family jam. Besides, there's a different jam for that.

"Can I do something that will get me in legal trouble?"

I'd prefer you didn't. Don't infringe copyright or otherwise break the law.

"Do you have a Discord? Teamspeak? Vent? Mumble? Skype?"

Alright, I'm trying this out, so we'll see how it goes. Here's the Discord link. It was surprisingly easy to set up. So much so that I accidentally created a new user account while I was doing it. I've remedied the situation since then. xD

"Can I get that sweet Glyph Font?"

Sure thing! I've shared it as a game asset here. I made it in Glyphr Studio online.

"Does this jam take place at a location?"

Just this online location.

"Have you hosted any other jams?"

This is my first. I hope I'm doing a good job so far. I'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism, so please speak up if you'd like to see some changes.

"How much SU have you seen?"

I've seen it all. I've got the DVDs. I've got the art book, the fusion book, the music book, The Answer, etc, etc. I'm looking forward to getting the records and a cheeseburger backpack to carry them around in. But this isn't about me. How much SU have YOU seen?