Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Theme

A topic by deerdrop created Nov 01, 2020 Views: 251 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

is the theme just... the rules that are already described, or will there be an additional theme announced when the jam starts?

Yeah, I also don't really understand the rules, i would also like some more clarification

Host

i’m bad at talking, sorry. so it was

check ~3 boxes:

□ Drawn and Destroyed After Use □ About The Death Penalty □ Accommodates Any Number of Players □ Completable Within Recess □ 5 Lines: a Story □ Foretells the Future □ Suspense Collage □ Good Habits Encouraged (Like Spelling) □ Bad Habits Explored (Like Killing) □ Weirdly Asymmetric

would you like help thinking of a theme? okay, here are themes:

⭢ Children’s Sketches ⭢ Impressing Friends ⭢ Hellos and Goodbyes ⭢ Othered Feelings ⭢ City Ghosts ⭢ Attention Crimes ⭢ Bystander Syndrome ⭢ Leaving Legacies ⭢ Morning After Dawn

& that should be everything.

Is it too open to interpretation? Do you think that’s bad?

Okay, i hope that was helpful!

Submitted

I love it. Description is perfect, and I am super stoked.

I'm also confused.  Are you saying that a game that is playable by any number of players, good habits encouraged and bad habits explored is a hangman game?  That seems very very open.

Host

You sound concerned. I’d like to hear your concerns. You never have to share anything you don’t feel like sharing.

A point of reference from the jam page i haven’t addressed here is how this jam is a support network.

If you cannot be with family and loved ones this season, feel welcome here and corroborate shared feelings and emotions should this in any way offer you solace.

It is designed to be an open space. It is here for you. Hang out. Find focus where you can onto little projects together through the holiday season. Share a picture. Comment on a link. This space is built originally for people doing work through both a pandemic and a holiday and whom might soon be going through what is often the most stressful days of the year for them.

Everyday stresses are just as serious to talk through, though.

I hope that context is able to clear enough confusion. And for what confusion it doesn’t: i’m sorry i confused you!