Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Development Log

A topic by Konikochan created Sep 18, 2023 Views: 251 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted(+2)

So game contest round 2 for me. ^^ I really struggled for an idea on this one as Heaven and Utopia sound so perfect its hard to think of a concept for players to strive for. I also didn't want to  portray resources in heaven as scarce or have really much competition. I wanted a feel good game.. I'm excited to say that I got a friend on board and she is bouncing ideas with me. We have an exciting game in the works. Ill post more about it as we iron out a few more specifics. 

A  couple of rejected ideas we played with were: Heaven as a courtroom where Jesus is your lawyer and Satan is trying to get you convicted of your sins.  (not sure entirely HOW we would have worked it but it was a thought)

A building game were you are building the rooms onto the fathers house. 

Host(+1)

I can’t wait to play it!!!

(+2)

Just signed up!  Looking forward to it :)

Submitted(+1)

Looking forward to see what you will be up to as well. ^^

Submitted(+1)

So  I'm up to a team of three and my partners want to keep most of the game details under wraps until the end.  BUT I will give a sneak peak at a couple of art pieces we are using. ^^ Can't wait to have a finished product and to see the other entrees. 

Host

OH WOW! I really hope these aren't references and this analog style actually makes it into the final version!

Submitted(+1)

The game looks great, I hope I can play it soon. On the other hand, after much thought, I have decided to participate in my first jam with this challenge. I hope I don't do too badly.

Submitted

Fantastic! I'll look forward to seeing what you bring! ^^

Submitted(+1)

So I'm still asked to keep game details quiet for now, but I'll show a taste of art update. ^^

Looking great :)

Host

a taste you say!? I foresee a full course meal!

Submitted(+1)

Its going to be fun seeing all the variety that comes out of this. We have such incredibly different styles and approaches and it's all kinds of fun watching it unfold!

So, I honestly really struggled trying to conceptualize a game about Heaven :) 

Endless possibilities!  (pun intended)

I was not finding inspiration.  Then something horrible happened.  A friend of mine who I have known for over 20 years died unexpectedly at the end of last month.  It was shocking and painful.  He was 42.

At his memorial I felt like the LORD inspired me to use this game jam to grieve and honor my friend.  I made some really good progress tonight and am feeling very blessed!  I hope all of you are getting inspiration from our Heavenly Father and share it with the rest of us through your games  :)

Host

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing. I just lost my mom a few days ago but she was 87 and loved the Lord. Was thinking of putting her in the game.

Submitted

Such a beautiful sentiment. I hope this helps you both with your grieving process. 

Submitted

So my team is on final typos, and tweaks to game play. ^^ Once again my teammates ask I don't say too much quite yet, but tastes are ok. ^^ Here are the tiles as they stand and the cover of the rule book.