Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

CONGRATULATIONS! Sticky

A topic by scotty42 created Nov 16, 2023 Views: 99 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host (2 edits)

CONGRATULATIONS to all our participants and thank you from the bottom of my heart! What a fun ride!
If Soma Games chooses any of the submissions for a collaboration they will notify you directly. Please let us know here!
Meanwhile, I need 3 of you to DM me your PayPal email to receive your prize$!
$60 1st: Konikochan with Through the Veil
$30 2nd: Fated Seal 
$15 3rd: sbjerk  with Empyrean Gateway - Passage to Eternity

As concern was voiced over the results and weighting, 2nd and 3rd got swapped and the negatively affected party fully agrees to the updated winners list. Just waiting for someone from Fated Seal to arrange PayPal prize transfer.

Submitted

Thanks for hosting this. and to the sponsor Soma. Youu can donate my winnings to Soma's Soulworks game fund. My reward was the experience.  

https://somasoulworks.org/game-dev-fund/

Submitted

Also as I am looking at the results page it looks like I may be third overall..... I only show second in originality catagory. Fated Seal had second place overall when all catagory ranks are all averaged.

Submitted

I messaged you on Facebook. ^^

Submitted

Thank you so much for hosting. my team had a blast making the game. It was a wonderful experience. 

Host

the rating system for smaller jams can be a bit confusing. Their weighting system favors games with more votes being more accurate. Imagine a submission got only one vote from your mom and wins a over a game with a slightly lower average with a bunch of votes. If only we could have gotten more friends to vote…  https://itch.io/t/644401/calculated-ratings-for-jams-vs-raw-scores

Submitted

Sure.. But this doesn't change the fact that I am third under overall quality and fourth in gameplay.... Only 2nd in originality. A lower averaged rank (3) across the 3 catagories than FS (2.3). 

Host (1 edit)

As concern was voiced over the results and weighting, 2nd and 3rd got swapped and the negatively affected party fully agrees to the updated winners list. Just waiting for someone from Fated Seal to arrange PayPal prize transfer.