SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Results 1] Public Votes - Top 5 and more Sticky

A topic by The Icehouse created Dec 05, 2019 Views: 104
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hi everyone!

So the Public Votes have ended and we can now discover your results for The Icehouse Jam. Thank you for your votes! These are the results YOU have chosen, but don't forget there will be 3 winners chosen by our Judges later, and they will receive real prizes ;)

Please take a look at the current results here if you haven't already:
https://itch.io/jam/icehouse-jam/results

Rank 1

Congrats to the winner, CP-Dimensions, who ranked 1st! He did a fantastic job with his game Seclusion. Please everyone download and play at least his game if you don't have a lot of free time and if you are not too reluctant to the Myst-like genre.

Ranks 2, 3, 4

Some of the following games involved Icehouse Members, Friends or Judges. They will be out of competition for the upcoming Judges' Votes, but it was great for us to discover your opinion through the Public Votes.

- On the 2nd place is our game involving comics artist John Carvajal. It was really fun to create, we are happy that you liked it so much!

- On the 3rd place is Ikarus, the game of Esmeralda, a very good classical point and click adventure in a nice 2D. Please try it too!

- And don't miss Don't Eat That Girl (4th), made by our friend Nico Fouqué (working at Nova-box who makes delicious Visual Novels), and his great team, involving Melanie Ertaud at the environment designs.

All ranks

There would be something nice to say about all the games, but this message would just be too long.

Congrats to EVERYONE and thank you for your participation, your votes and everything.

A few more words from Icehouse guys freshly gathered on Discord this morning, in reaction to these results:

- Simon_ASA: We hope that you're not too disappointed if your game is not ranked high, but don't forget that the Judges might vote totally differently. We will see! [...] Thanks to all of you for your votes, the public votes process is over! I have to say that I am surprised (and very honored) to see my game Eoin's Quest in 2nd position. I thought that Don't Eat that Girl would be the first. Ikarus was very good, I am not surprised. Seclusion was excellent, I loved it, I am not surprised too ^^ (but didn't think it would end up first! Very happy to see a Myst-like in first position)

- Yazorius: Congratulations to all participants ! This gamejam was exciting. I regret a little what I did with my game and I'm surprised it did not finish last, seen what I proposed. On the other hand, I am not surprised by the prodium of the first 6 games, because there is no doubt that they had a little something that set them apart from the other games that are still very well done. And with a big smile, I discover that I'm "saved" by my music creation in my own game and in Eoin's Quest, which finally is really rewarding for me, as I am first a music composer ^_^ Thanks to everyone for having made all these titles, having taken the time to play the creations of others, to have voted and left comments ! It is with such a state of mind that we always get the best during a gamejam. So again, congratulations to everybody !

- Vairon: Oh yeah !! I think it has been super exciting... to be the first jam we organize is not bad at all! There are a lot of games with an impressive quality and I have learned a lot, as always. So for me it has been an incredible journey! Now it's the judges' turn, hehehe, they won't have it easy...

- Roger_RKT: Thank you all so so much for spending time and effort to contribute to what was our first ever Game Jam. The submissions are all (in their own way) phenomenal. Judging is a largely personal thing, and I am totally crap at playing games (great with ideas, concepts, proofreading, etc.!), so I have not done any voting or rating. I have played as far as I can with most games, and truly appreciate all the skills and the efforts made. I hope all of you continue to stay around TheIcehouse, and don't just run away when the results are released and the prizes given. You all seem to be a really nice crowd.

And we're about sure we've not finished to talk of your games and play them!

See you soon!

- The Icehouse organizers