Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What does that mean?

A topic by ojas biswas created 28 days ago Views: 188 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

what does it mean by "metic cameo" in judging section and what does it mean by "

• The game must incorporate Metic in some way." In requirement section?
Host

Metic is the mascot character for Meticulous, a game from Imaginary Game Studios and the sponsor of the jam. (A.k.a. me 馃檪)

This is Metic! He needs to make some kind of appearance in your game jam game. Maybe he's your character, maybe he gives you a quest, or maybe he just stares at you longingly from outside of the level. It's up to you! 

In order to be eligible for a prize, you need to have Metic in your game in some way. But, games with creative and fun uses of Metic will be rated highly in the Metic Cameo scoring.

I will be providing my model for Metic as a part of the asset pack that will be made available in the Imaginary Game Studios Discord server. However, you do not need to use my model if you don't want to - you can create your own representation of Metic however you like.  If you're not artistically inclined, an orange triangle with a blue circle and a heart over it can be Metic.

So 2d games are fine right??

yeah i need to know that too i can screen shot and crop the image of him if needed

Host

Sorry for the late reply - didn't notice this as a child of another post. Yes, 2D games are perfectly fine. Text based games are fine too. There are no specific graphical requirements 馃檪