Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Metic 2D Assets?

A topic by Legion created Jun 26, 2024 Views: 111 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hi, I'm considering joining the jam with a 2D entry. I joined your discord and downloaded the asset pack and as you said it's all 3D stuff. As the Metic cameo is required (and I don't mind using the character) and a judging category, I'm afraid this will prevent me from joining, as I don't really have the pixel art chops to do a halfway 2D Metic sprite from scratch, especially not in a style that will match with the rest of the assets I'm using. Unless by chance you have any 2D assets for this character, anything at all?

Host

Hi there! Thanks for joining the jam!

You're more than welcome to use screenshots from any of the YouTube videos to get some images of Metic if you'd like, or to put together your best effort of a 2D representation of Metic. 2D graphic / pixel art isn't my personal strong suit either, and I don't want anyone to feel like their abilities as a visual artist should prohibit them from making video games. "Aesthetic beauty" is intentionally NOT one of the judging categories, so even if you just go into Microsoft Paint and draw an orange triangle with a blue circle and a heart over it, that's perfectly valid for satisfying the requirement. 

So please don't be discouraged! This is a game jam, and there's no need to be a perfectionist here. The spirit of the jam is to make a game and have fun doing it 馃檪

All that being said, feel free to post screenshots of your Metic and ask for feedback in the Discord if character art is something you want to practice. If it isn't, then focus your game dev time on something else - there's no wrong answers! 

(-1)

sure, here's a 16x16 3-frame sideview I took an hour to throw together, free for anyone to use in their game or build on

1x: 

3x: 

Host

Love it! I posted these in the #asset-share channel of the Discord if anyone wants to use them 馃檪Thanks for sharing!