SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How can I get more ratings for my game?

A topic by lGingerMintl created Jan 04, 2023 Views: 137 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit)

MY GAME

I took part in a game jam and I want as many people as possible to play and appreciate my game. But I faced the problem that people download the game but don't rate it? What do I need to do so that they all put marks?

Game link: https://itch.io/jam/indie-game-dev-beginners-002/rate/1858209#post-7128720

Submitted

What I've been doing so far is to actually play other people's games in the jam and provide useful feedback, mention any bugs or even ideas that you think could improve people's games. Personalize every comment that you make! Sometimes I take screenshots of the games I've played too :D

People will appreciate that you've took the time to try out their games and will likely do the same to you too! Asking people to try out your game after you give feedback also boosts the chance of people actually playing your game! But remember, the feedback you leave first should be good. At least 2 or 3 sentences is what I usually do.

Submitted

I agree with you, that always works XD

Submitted

Making your game available in the browser makes a big difference. If you sort the games by ratings, the games with the most ratings are available to play in the browser. Your game seems to be one of the most rated out of the games only available by downloading.