Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Developer looking for Artist and Composer for a Management game based on Bodice Rippers!

A topic by TorridTornado created 78 days ago Views: 189 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hello, I'm Torrid Tornado and I'm looking for a couple of teammates for this jam!

-Game Story: In the style of a bodice ripper: You are the recently widowed matriarch of a noble house. The Ton's Social Season is approaching, and it's up to you to ensure that your house succeeds. Do you pressure your daughter(s) to attract the eyes of the most beneficial suitors or allow them to pursue their own interests, and of course what of your own desires?

-Game Details: A 2D turn-based management game with various phases. Assign tasks to your staff and daughters to earn benefits for your house or gain favor with others (similar to News Tower where you assign journalists to jobs based on their particular skill set). Host/attend parties to ingratiate your family to the other nobles (similar to Cabaret Club mini-game from Yakuza 0), and make your final moves and see how your decisions play out at the Final Ball! 

-Skills: I'm a entry level hobbyist programmer working in Godot. I've been told I'm a reasonably good writer and will be taking story/writing inputs from my wife (this project is largely being driven by her disappointment in the latest season of Bridgerton!). I have released 2 projects with around 300 plays on my main account.

-Risks: I'm fairly confident in my ability to get the basic mechanics working as many of them are just expanding on systems I built for a previous project; however, I can't make any promises on polish and balance. Additionally, there's always the risk that life gets in the way, but with a 3 month window I'm confident I can at least get a playable product out.

-What I'm looking for:

• Overview: Low pressure, work at your pace, plenty of room for inputs and helping to shape the game and story. Discord as primary method of collaboration. You'll be credited for your work on the itch page and the game's credits to include applicable social links. I don't expect to monetize this, so no intentions for payment at this time.
  • Artist: 2D, characters, NSFW scenes, settings, and branding.  I'd prefer all human characters in a roughly Victorian/Edwardian British period style. Very open to your art styles and giving you creative freedom. 
    • Min.  6 unique characters (Player character, daughter, 3 love interests, 1 king/queen).
    • Min. 3 reusable characters (butlers, maids, townsfolk, etc.)
    • Min.  6 NSFW scenes.
    • Min. 3 scenes (house, town, Final Ball)
    • Branding (Icon, Main Menu, itch Background/Banner, etc.)
    • UI/UX elements (5-8 color palette, and font suggestions)
  • Composer: Ideally someone to do Music and SFX. 
    • Min. 3 background tracks
    • Various sound effects (button presses, party chatter, environmentals/ambiance, etc.)

-Socials: 

• Reply to this! I'm more than happy to host discussions here. Also, I'm not often logged into my Discord, but let me know if you're interested and I can kick over there so we can talk in greater detail!
  • Discord - torridtornado
Jam Host(+1)

Hi, TorridTornado! I noticed a composer is looking for a team here: https://itch.io/jam/josei-after-dark/topic/3823880/music-composer-sound-designer...

Hopefully you two can link up. Good luck on your project, and if you need help finding any resources please don't hesitate to ask -- we're more than happy to assist!

Yo, I’m a newbie, haven’t joined any jams yet, but I do a lot of art/compositions in my free time! Hmu on Discord if you still need help - zeibermedia