Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thank you

A topic by GlitchyPriest created May 30, 2023 Views: 84 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

This is my first gamejam.
Well I did participate in an on-site Google one in their offices a few years ago, but it was only a day-long.
I am a programmer, and I've been trying to learn game dev for a while. For many reasons, I hit a roadblock, stop, and repeat a few months later. 

Anyway, I wanted an opportunity to enter a beginner-friendly jam, and also take the opportunity to introduce my little brother (15) to it, as he also wants to develop games, but he is a complete beginner (and quite wary of competitive environments).

Seeing as this is very beginner friendly, I managed to get him to join me (he does not have his own account here).

So thank you for the opportunity.

A couple of questions;

1. How will you pass on the information? Youtube? Or live calls?

2. Will there be a discord, or do we communicate here?

Host

Hi, please sign up at https://nickelcitypixels.com/courses/learngamedevgamejam-course/ for the course materials. Tomorrow we're going to vote on the game jam theme and I'll field more question during a live youtube.com stream at 8pm EST. Channel is nickelcitypixels. I'm working on getting the discord channel populated with bots. Thanks!

Host

Looks like tomorrow comes today. To clarify, the stream will be 8pm EST Thurs. June 1st.