Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

If we can use free assets, does that mean we can use our own previously created assets?

A topic by thepuddingfighter created Oct 12, 2021 Views: 733 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I have a few home-made models and animations I'd like to use, so i was wondering if thats fair game or not 

Host(+1)

Games should be made entirely within the time period - I would look for comparable public assets or make something new. That said, if the assets are simple enough, it seems fair to reuse them as long as you make them available to the public.

Submitted

Ok yeah sounds fair.
As a follow-up question: are the songs ludwig plays on his streams/videos also fair game as long as its not DMCA/TOS? (like other game OSTs, Mariya Takeuchi, reddit recap theme, etc.)

Just making double sure.

Host(+2)

If it's been played on stream, it's fair game

Submitted

I have a generic first person character controller that I use for a lot of my games, would it be okay to use that, and then post the Unity Asset online for others to download if they wish?

Host

Yep, that's fine!

Submitted

Perfect! Is there a big list of assets, or should I just link it here? I can also start a new thread for assets

Host

You could do it either, or publish it on the asset store. Even having it in a public github would be fine.