Jobs
Tags

Rate and Comment

A topic by Thetra00 created Sep 17, 2022 Views: 83
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Hey there,

whats your opinion on Rating in a Jam?

Do you Rate the stars and write a comment, everytime? or do you just rate? 

I was in 2 bigger Jams where you had to comment, and if you wrote - the person would rate your game and retext in your game xD was kinda strange but the more you played and commented - the more rates and comments you got back.

With the Rating system its allways hard for me. I mean if  we look at the "Design"  Rating - what is 5 and what is 1 star? Is it like in the middleschool artclass where everyone gets a 5 star because you participate? Is it "okay" to give 3 stars although the art looks good but not to my liking?  Does a "I had no time" or "I am not an artist but worked hard on my first Jam" a 1 Star if there are only colored blocks running and jumping?  I am a little in a pinch there - trying to rate  with marks from School -> if its fitting togheter and makes the Game look good- 5 Stars - if it does not fit together and  assets are thrown over each other and you get more confused by playing i give 1 star - I hope thats not "wrong" tho...

I want to give good feedback - so waht do you write in a comment? Only the  good? I saw some very deep reactions on this Gamejam - people take their time playing 10-50 minutes and then writeing 10-50 minutes for the review? Awesome.

I try to keep it short, but precise!  - like "Nice game, I had this Problem, keep it up!" or things like that.

How you you comment - what makes you Rate 5 or 1 star?