Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Narrative Designer in a team of 9 looking for 3D Modeller/Animator/Rigger

A topic by Thor V created Apr 24, 2023 Views: 234 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(8 edits)

A little about me, my passion and skillset lies within Narrative Design. Completed a year course in college in ND for Game Design.

Aspiring to become an ND in the games industry is my dream job, which is what brings me here, to practice and hone my craft.

Currently, I have participated in two Game Jams MVM 16 last year and MVM 19  (which I participated in twice) this year. I have managed to create a team from MVM19 who has stuck together and continued the project we have been on since. Already established and branched out a story, its characters, world and lore to a good enough level for the jam and beyond. We are as the title suggests a team of 9 members, their roles will be written out below.

Note: The overall goal for members that come on board is to continue working on this project until completion. It is exciting and fun taking part and completing game jams, however, the opportunity it opens up to finding a good team and making a game is there. The goal will be to attend MVM20 Super Edition for the 3 months and if willing, stay on board with our team.

The Team:

Creative Lead & Narrative Designer

Level Designer (Paired with me on parts of ND)

Composition & Sound Design (One working on each)

Programmer X3 - C++ & Unreal Engine experience

2D Concept Artist (helping with character designs)

3D Modeller (Creating all the models, helping guide designs)

Roles needed:

1. 3D Modeller: Animator & Rigging - To help with rigging and animating 3D modelled characters, experience with Blender & UE is a bonus. The option to help create models is there but animating and rigging is the main help we need.

Add Note: If you are based in the UK time zone this is a massive bonus but not a must.

If you share this same urge and passion to pursue a project further beyond the jam then pop me a message. If you have experience in designing and creating games or have participated in game jams before then that would be a massive bonus. Looking forward to hearing from you!

(1 edit)

I've been working in unreal in c++ and blueprint for 2 years. Have experience with procedural algorithms and applying them in unreal (egg. procedural maps), networked games, server authority, and gameplay systems (mechanics), animations, level design. Currently studying computer science. If interested add me on discord: Face#5252

PS: I'm on UK timezone and use blender frequently (although programming is my strength).

Thank you for reaching out and your experience sounds great. Awesome you are in the UK timezone, one other thing, do you have a portfolio of any work?

Yes I do. Where can I send it to you?

You can either send the link in her or I will add you on Discord and send it through there if you prefer it that way

Add me on discord. It contains some personal information and I'd rather not disclose it here.

Face#5252

That's understandable I will send you an add shortly :)