SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Afterthought

A topic by re4der created Aug 23, 2020 Views: 80
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Hey creative guys!

It's 5 hours remaining and my submission is already done. It was my first game jam and I am excited to share my experiences!

1. Design is CRUCIAL. you cannot afford changing core mechanics later on. There is just not enough time for this with 48h time limit. Its better to spend few hours thinking about the concept that will work then 12h later fixing the bad mechanics.

2. 48h is plenty and very little at the same time. It can be really quick to create a working prototype, but fine tuning mechanics and hunting bugs takes significant amount of hours later on.

3. Being orginal is important. At the time I was publishing there were exactly 420 submissions (yeah, I was this close to greatness..). Whoever will be the judge will stop differentiating between the games before he reaches 100th entry. The game needs to stand out!

4. I learned a lot! My game was something I would never create otherwise. Some highlights are: animations, feeling and responsiveness of the actions and even sound design. I even hoped to create some dedicated music for my game, but ended up recycling my old music instead, because well, time

TL;DR

Thanks everone for participating with me! Good luck with your submissions and visit my game, feedback appreciated!

https://re4der.itch.io/pacelite