Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can we have a time extension?

A topic by Kreastricon created Jun 11, 2021 Views: 144 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

OK. I'm going to ask this at the risk of sounding very selfish but...

Is it possible we can have more time on this jam? You see, before this jam was announced, I already signed up for two that did not overlap this one, and I didn't think they would bite so much time from it.  Also GMTK 2021 is starting in two days and that is a big event many people would like to participate in.

I know, it's a very lousy excuse, but I've had this idea kicking around in my head for years, and the theme of transformation was perfect for it. I just want to be sure that I can give my game some good quality assurance before I put my name on it. I think it would also benefit everyone else and give them a chance to show off there best considering there is a chance they might get some much needed exposure.

If we can't, than I'm either going to have to quit or improvise and make it an episodic game, I don't know.

Host

It's a fairly long jam as it is, plus voting goes on for 2 weeks. Why don't you submit the core of what you want to showcase on the 15th, then continue to work and submit another version before voting ends?

Submitted

Oh... it did not occur to me that we could continue working on the game during the voting session.  I was so used to joining jams with strict deadlines that I guess it just flew by me. I didn't realize how lax the rules of the jam were. This actually makes me feel a whole lot better. Thank you. :)

Host

No worries. If it's not fun, what are we doing right?

Host

I don't know how everyone else is doing, but we could do a 12hr extension from 12 noon EST to 12 midnight EST? I'll post on discord too and see what comes up