Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Sewer Love

A topic by cetaceas created Jul 16, 2018 Views: 278 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)
florsh: What are some game mechanics you like? I like fishing minigames...
cetaceas: I like romance....
florsh: We both like monster girls.........

And thus, Sewer Love  was born -- several days before the theme announcement! My good friend florsh (Suzanne) and me (Diana) have wanted to make a game together for ages and MFGJ is the perfect opportunity for us. We're drawing inspiration from things like Stardew Valley, Persona, and Futurama to create a game where you live in the sewers and attempt to woo a monster girlfriend by fishing up gifts. 

Suzanne is a talented illustrator and game artist, and she's already hard at work on sprites for our game. Here's our protagonist, a dad-core fishing enthusiast of indeterminate gender.

My background is in software engineering, and I'm having tons of fun (and some frustration) learning how to use Unity! So far things are going... okay... https://gyazo.com/505b2b839b27fac6fa2ed7e7073a5ca6

Stay tuned for more!

xoxo, florsh and cetaceas

Nice job getting the panning working on day one, what does the hexagon on the Gyazo GIF stand in for? (Is Gyazo still free? I thought it went paid a while back)

Compliments on the lively hat bounce, and that lovely shade of pink on the sewer set. Where is the romance going to factor in, are you going to give fish themselves as gifts?

Host

oh my god im dying your chatlog snippet is literally my friendgroup.......... hahah what the heck im so excited for this!!! the art looks incredible so far i can't wait to see the game in-engine!!