Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Devlog #0 - untitled game

A topic by TobyWongGames created Jun 27, 2021 Views: 238 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

hi! this is my first game jam, and the first game i will make, so i'm going to make something very simple. i spent my free time yesterday thinking of an idea, making plans and then realizing it was a bad idea, i don't even want to say what the idea is because it would make me look like a complete idiot.  anyways, i woke up today, decided i was not going to follow the theme. what i came up with a few minutes after was a platformer where you can't jump, but can only walk and dash. i updated my plans, and i am ready to start for real! actually, is this a good idea? i thought of it in a few minutes, so i'm not sure if i should follow it, but i'll start working on it anyways (also, the engine i use is godot)

Host

honestly the only way to know is to try it out! i'm excited to see what your levels and overall design will look like with this mechanic!

Update: nothing is working and everything is broken! amazing!

(+1)

Relax. Sometimes is very hard to make things work, even the simple things sometimes give big headaches. Make updates if you feel like it, maybe someone can help if you already don't solve you problem yourself. I am using Godot too and was almost trowing away my computer over the jump function.

(+2)

You're gonna fix it i'm pretty sure ! the hardest step is the first , keep calm look what you've done and fix it bits by bits  :) 

alright, but i have no clue as to why it isn't working, and so far, i'm still working on the character movement and have made no other progress on the game. what do i do then?