Jobs
Tags

Magic Brew Cafe completed!

A topic by deee3 created Jul 17, 2022 Views: 74
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted(+1)

this was freaking crazy!!!

every day there were highs and lows and I learned so much:

i learned that if I have a specific plan and little bullet points of issues, I can focus better and solve a problem instead of juggling multiple at once. 

I also learned a lot about time management. You gotta keep the end date in mind! I worked every day on this game, but it was still so much to do on the last day today. That's also a bit because I had WAY too high of expectations. It's great to think small, and as time goes on, build up. That's something I'll keep in mind.

But most importantly, I learned about work life balance these past two weeks. I've always had a mindset where if I'm not working on a project, it's like what am I doing with my life. But these past two weeks I've had a little of a revelation, where a project is just something enriching to engage you. And you should always find time in the day to step away and enjoy everything else in your life, and not let the project consume your every waking moment!!

I also gained SUCH an appreciation for video games and video game makers. this is hard and SO complicated!! I will see games in a new light now, seriously. 

now, today I worked on my game for so long that my brain is just fried. so I'm gonna relax, and I hope everyone else finds time to relax, too! and then we can all come back and play or make more games :)

I can't wait to play everyone's games and see what a great job everyone did! proud of us :)

my game is available on windows https://deee3.itch.io/magic-brew-cafe !