Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] encore.exe

A topic by Roenais created Jan 26, 2020 Views: 265 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

I'm sure I'll update this with more details in future but here we go!! name is wip, i'm still tempted to be mean and call it "饾剣"

PREMISE

You play as a robot idol preparing to put on a show in a world that's falling apart. Heavily inspired by the songs Hello Planet by Sasakure.UK and A sardine grows from the soil by //// (and all his imitators.) I might try to work in the optional theme somewhere, but this is more an experiment in self indulgence!

TECHNICAL STUFFS

Using RPGmaker XP, paint tool SAI and bosca ceoil. If I have time I'd love to create some voice clips for the player character with UTAU but that's like... a stretch concept.

GOALS

• Create at least three fully explorable maps, with plenty of things to interact with.
  • All custom sprites, tilesets and sounds.
  • An ending themesong to close off the game.
  • Finish! The! Game!
(+1)

DAY 1

Player character sprites coming along nicely! I'm aiming for 8 directional movement and have it working in RPGmaker thanks to a public script.

Submitted

Whoa THIS is adorable!!! :D

Host

oh wow this character is so cute!! i love all the little secondary movement details in the animation!

This is hella adorable.

Submitted

Your character design looks good! The animation is decent, too. Have you done this before?