Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[devlog] SWEET'N'SALTY

A topic by Mar Hepto created Jan 04, 2016 Views: 259
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(2 edits) (+1)

So...as excited as I am for this shindig...Real Life has dictated that I might not have access to Game Maker until at least Tuesday...and maybe not even until...next week... :( :( :(

BUT! NEXT WEEK!!! i will be working FULL STEAM AHEAD on this thing! In the mean time, I will try to update this devlog with puzzle designs on paper and other stuff, mostly to make sure I'm being productive.

SWEET'N'SALTY:

-STORY: I have lots of ideas for this, but, those can wait until after this game jelly. Right now, I want to focus on

-GAMEPLAY: The MUNCHING MOUTHS are chomping at the bit to get their snack on! Can you guide our tasty travellers SWEET and SALTY through the devious smart-people-only puzzles of the MORSEL MAZES to their designated deathtraps? It's trickier than it sounds: they're so chummy, they move in sync! If SWEET moves left, SALTY moves left; if SALTY goes up, SWEET goes up. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!! If one morsel has a wall up ahead and the other doesn't, the first will bonk its head and stay put, while the second will continue on its merry way. AND THERE'S MORE!!! If one morsel has a TRASH TILE in its path, it'll get all icked out, and nobody will move! SIMPLE!

I... really promise it'll make intuitive sense. Once you get to play it.

BONUS! That's all I want to get done for sure in two weeks (it's my first game ever, after all) but if I have time, I will add FEATURES?! such as:

-STICKY KEYS: open STICKY LOCKS. Can only be used by the morsel that picked them up.

-BOUNCY BUBBLE GUM: launches the morsel that stepped on it to somewhere else in the level.

-SLIP'N'SLIDES: if one morsel steps on it, they both go zooming off in one direction.

-PEER PRESSURE PLATES: opens doors for you...if you stay on it! otherwise we'll all hate you

-MUSIC AND GRAPHIC: I plan on them being 100% FARM FRESH LOCALLY GROWN PLACEHOLDER!!!! because I suck at art and composing. Although I might use my FRIENDSHIP POWER to get a friend to do them! Or my FRIENDSHIP BRIBES! Or my FRIENDSHIP THREATS

That's all for... Days 1 and 2 I guess???? I'll see if I can upload some level concepts tomorrow.