Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Transcription of the images on the main page

A topic by IFcoltransG created Jan 30, 2023 Views: 58
Viewing posts 1 to 1

The main page is entirely images and none of them have alt text. For anyone who can't view the text in the images, here's a transcription:

Picture of an open book with a computer mouse on one page and a game controller on the other. Planets and clouds in the background.

Picture of three women surrounded by balloons and holding cake, in a cutesy chibi style. The cake says "second".

Narrative Driven Jam: is a game jam focused in narrative driven games. this games focus on one or more than one of this 3 aspects.

Plot: it's the actual storyline of the piece. It's what you get if you strip away everything but what happens.

Characters: character writing is the aspect of the game writing that fleshes out the characters and focuses on their lives and their struggles.

Lore: everything that makes the world feel vibrant and alive. It's the stuff that makes it feel like the world you're playing in existed long before your characters got there, and that it exists outisde of whatever your character is doing.

If you want to know more about this three pillars go check out this awesome extra credits video:

(we actually got some info for the descriptions from there ♥).

Discord: https://discord.gg/TGktG6Xjqz

Prize: For this special ocassion there's going to be a PRIZE for the winner

Picture of an astronaut or a robot, holding a present, blushing. It's wearing a bowtie.

A customizable prize ☺

Any game, asset pack or gamedev software under US $20, because we have no sponsor and we're poor ☺

ND Jam #10 winner

Picture of a wide-eyed dog giving a crown to another dog in a box.

Theme: anachronism

Picture of a clock and a cog merged together.

A week or so before the jam starts we'll be opening the #theme-vote channel so you guys can submit your theme ideas. After that we'll be closing the channel and decide between the admins what theme to actually choose.

Anachronism: Something that is out of place in terms of time or chronology.

Optional themes:

Strategy: A picture of chess pieces.

Besties: A picture of a robot raising its arms. It has no face, just a lightbulb.

Deus ex machina: A picture of two wrenches in a cross shape, with angel wings.

They're as the name indicates: optional themes. You can use them if you want but you don't have to. Not having them won't affect the score of your game. These optional themes are revealed at the same time as the theme.

Strategy game: move forward my peon! do as my will and we shall be victorious (or maybe not).

Besties: Add a lovely companion to your game, impactful or not to your gameplay it'll surely make you smile.

Deus ex machina: An unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation.

Rules:

1. No NSFW game (slightly suggestive or violent games are ok. just don't go overboard).

2. Reusing existing code and assets is allowed to an extent. No re-skinning of games made outside of the jam. A majority of the code and/or assets must be made in the jam's time frame.

3. Submissions may be removed at the sole discretion of the organizers.

4. Follow the theme.

5. Pls don't overwork yourself too much and don't forget to eat and sleep.

FAQ:

Can I edit my game after the submission time is due?

The files are going to be locked but you can change your page design and content.

Can I sumbit after the submission time is due?

No. so try to manage your time well.

What game engines are allowed?

All of them, there' no limitation on that regard.

Can I make a TTRPG or board game?

Yep! all game engines are allowed ☺

Can I work in more than one game?

Yep! Don't overwork yourself tho.

Can I use online assets?

If they're free yes. read the terms of use and if you to credit do so.

What about paid assets?

As long as paid assets comply to the terms of use you're good.

Can I submit my game to other jam as well?

Yep. as long as the other jam is ok with it and the game fits both themes.

Semi professionals or professionals are allowed?

There's no limitation in that regard.

If I don't like the thheme can I make my game with one of the optional themes?

No. you have to follow the main theme. The optional themes can't replace the main one.

Voting:

At the end of the Jam, there will be a rating period of 5 days. Your game will be rated on:

Theme: How well our game uses the theme.

Enjoyment: How much you enjoyed your time with the game.

Concept: How interesting or unique the main focus of the game was.

Story: Is it good? Well written? Good characters or'and good world building? If neither how da plot?

Graphics: Does it look good?

Audio: Do you like the music? Does it fit the game? What about the sounds effects? Voice acting, oh mai gad this game has voice acting?!