Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Text formatting

A topic by ChristopherMerriner created Jun 10, 2020 Views: 246 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Probably a  long shot, but is it possible to italicise (or bold) parts of the text?

J

Host

Not yet (in any mode). 

If you want to draw special attention to particular words (in the meantime), then capitalising works well, and also changing the text colouring for the word too.

Thought so - that's fine. But, am I right in thinking that DAAD doesn't support text colouring per word?

Host

It technically does support text colouring per word, albeit it's very convoluted if writing code manually (not through adventuron.

Essentially, everything that has a different colour must be a different message. That means for example that if you have a paragraph with 10 highlighted words, then you might need to use 20 message slots. It would also use many many condacts. PAW does not have such a problem as colour information can be embedded into the message text itself.

It's something I'd like to build into the converter (as I have already built into the inpaws exporter). Don't bank on it being there before the end though.  It will tear through your byte limit (which is about 29k on DAAD - not including XMESSAGES which are themselves limited to 64K).

Fine, it's really no biggie. Easier to just rewrite my message than spend ages trying to implement something a bit unwieldy.

Submitted

The first letter of 'the' is not in capital letters.

> get ladder
the ladder is not here
Submitted

I've reported that, but it hasn't been fixed yet. The system messages seem to have changed in recent versions and a number of them have been broken in the process.

Host

Should be fixed in current release.