Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Artist and writer needed

A topic by Kumar created Sep 27, 2023 Views: 113 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello everyone, my name is Kumar and I am currently developing a visual novel called Ark's Legacy. 

You can find the link to it at https://thethirdeye.itch.io/arks-legacy

Unfortunately, my previous teammates have left and I am now seeking new members to join me not only for this game jam but also to work on my visual novel in a more serious capacity.

If anyone is interested in working with me, DM me on Discord, my username is prawinkumar

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hi! I won't delete your topic as you finding teammates doesn't cause any harm, but regarding the project you're considering for this jam, two things:

• Bible-inspired stories do not fit the fairy tale theme (cf. rules explaining mythology is excluded because it used to constitute beliefs; stories based on religious texts are for the same reason)
  • Some of the assets you're using and rightfully crediting are AI-art (Ezekiel's backgrounds, amongst other things...), which use is forbidden by the rules of the jam (cf. "the use of any AI-generated asset is forbidden, even if you own the training data").

So, if you submit the project as it is, it will be removed from the jam for the preceding reasons. But still, best of luck with your project!

Well mythology that I use in this VN is actually a made-up one and doesn't actually exist. The story revolves around Ark who was an archangel who fell in love with a human girl and lost his place in heaven. Ends up becoming humanity's savior in the story. This VN's mythology is more like a usual RPG kind of backstory.

Yes, as of right now I'm using AI-generated BG but I'm gonna change it once I team up with an artist.

HostSubmitted

Made-up or not, it still references biblical figures quite explicitly (archangel from Heaven, angels as soldiers...), so you're really on a thin line. In the end, it will all depend on the state of the game when you submit it, but I'm just letting you know that, if the two hosts (Len and I) agree that it's not in-theme, it might get removed, so that you don't get surprised if it happens, haha!

(1 edit)

Even if you end up removing it, please play the game once. I'm sure you'll love it.

HostSubmitted

(Sure thing, I wouldn't do anything before actually checking it out, that's the least I owe participants!)