Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can you have extra stuff?

A topic by Sagetable created Jul 16, 2023 Views: 330 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Can you have extra pages that are printable tokens to represent stuff like miniatures?

Submitted

I think that falls under what has been described in other places, so I can give my view on it even though I'm definitely not an authority here.  Apparently it's fine to have bonus content like character sheets and example adventures, so long as those do not contain additional rules.  Miniatures are kind of assumed for most TTRPGs, though some don't require them, so if you wanted to make some as an extra piece of content I think it would be fine.

HostSubmitted(+2)

I've updated the FAQ to better address 'extra' material. Hopefully the below section helps answer your question.

Can I include extra pages for character sheets or extra character options, adventures, bestiaries, tokens, etc.?

As long as the core rules fit onto a single sheet, and a player/group could pick up that page and happily run that game without the extra pages, then you're good to go. 

You could include optional rules on an extra page specific to using that extra content (e.g random encounter rules on a hex map adventure) however anything that is required to play the game should be available to the players on the main page.

The important thing is that your submission is not multiple pages of text that players (including a GM if the game requires one) have to read first in order to play your game.

Submitted

What about title pages? Do these count against the one page rule? For example, I'd have a title page, a page with core rules, a page with optional rules and GM tools and one page for character sheets. So technically 4 pages total. Would that still be okay?

I believe it's already been mentioned in the FAQ that this is allowed, but I'd double check there if you haven't already.

Submitted

Title pages aren't explicitly mentioned, but I guess they do fall under the whole rule of "optional information" since it doesn't include any core rules whatsoever.

HostSubmitted

As long as a title page doesn't have anything needed to play, you're good. If it's just an image and the title of the game it's not an issue.

You might want to check out 2400 by Jason Tocci - each of the games in the collection are a single sheet folded in half to make 4 'pages'; a title page, two player pages (i.e. one side of the paper), then the fourth page is GM tables.

Submitted

Thank you for the reply! I'll have a look at that!