Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Are extra stat blocks allowed?

A topic by AHumanIBelieve created Jul 17, 2023 Views: 166 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I couldn't find any mention of this in the rules or FAQ, but could I have example stat blocks for enemies on separate pieces of paper. They wouldn't contain any new rules, but would help the GM with setting up the adventure. Is this allowed? (Perhaps a part of an example adventure? ) 

HostSubmitted(+1)

I've updated the FAQ to better address 'extra' material. Hopefully the below section helps answer your question.

Can I include extra pages for character sheets or extra character options, adventures, bestiaries, tokens, etc.?

As long as the core rules fit onto a single sheet, and a player/group could pick up that page and happily run that game without the extra pages, then you're good to go. 

You could include optional rules on an extra page specific to using that extra content (e.g random encounter rules on a hex map adventure) however anything that is required to play the game should be available to the players on the main page.

The important thing is that your submission is not multiple pages of text that players (including a GM if the game requires one) have to read first in order to play your game.

Submitted(+1)

Thank you! This helps a lot.