Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

License Question

A topic by JKMZ created Apr 06, 2020 Views: 146 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I’m having a hard time understanding licenses. I’d like to use this asset, but it has 5 different licenses and I can’t understand them all. 

Am I able to use the asset, modify it, if I give credit to the author?

https://opengameart.org/content/some-suns-whitebrown-dwarf-pulsar-and-black-hole

Thanks.

Submitted

those 5 licenses that you see mean, if you use it and edit it in any way to create your own work or a derivative and then release for others to use then you must license your own work under any of those 5 licenses, and credit your work using one of those licenses and keep in mind to follow the terms of the license you use.To keep things simple, I would suggest OGA by, or CC-by, then all you need to do is credit the author of the asset you use, if you make a derivative, then you just say here’s my work, licensed CC-by, crediting you and the author of the original work, plus any other condition they have asked for, usually website link, or asset link.

Soz if that a bit gauge, I’m not at my PC so I’m typing on my pad and it’s a little difficult to see all my text, if in doubt, jump over to OGA and ask there, someone will help you.:)

Submitted

Thanks for helping me. After some looking around at OGA, faq section, I see the explanations of the different licenses.